"Nothing is More Honorable than a Greatful Heart"
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Monday, May 24, 2010

What a weekend

So this weekend Skylee had her first junior rodeo! She did stick horse barrels and lead line barrels. The stick horse was a little slow going around the barrels stopped mid-way to cry and then slowley brought her home. I'm not going to lie it wasn't the fastest time! But Sky managed to control her wild stick horse "Rooster" and ride him bridleless. (bridle broke going to 3rd barrel).
Then comes the lead line thanks to Amanda we got to borrow cute little Taffy the pony. And Josh couldn't go fast enough. She kept telling her dad "go, go, go". So she told me she wants to be in the "roeo" again but wants to ride a real horse preferably Taffy. So I'm now looking for a Taffy!
So during all of this my mom and dad were there cheering Sky on went my mom felt really sick. So my dad rushed her home when they were caught in traffic my mom was having a heart attack. They rushed her to Tooele hospital then life flighted her to U of U.
My dad calls me and tells me of the situation and I have to say that was one of the hardest things I ever had to hear.
Call me crazy but I never thought anything could happen to my mom. She is the toughest women I know and see her in pain just brought me tears.
Driving frantically from Tooele to U of U, it made me realize how much I take my mom for granted and all the things she has done for me. She is amazing mom that would do anything for anybody without even thinking about it.
Luckily she is home and feeling much better. And I thank God she is home. I love her so much and I dont know what I would do without her.
It just makes you think that one phone call can change your life and situation pretty damn quick.

2 comments:

Kel said...

I'm so glad she is doing better! And your right you just never know..hug the ones that mean the most every chance you can!!

~Lonnie~ said...

I am so glad to hear that she is home! What a horrible scare. We need her in our wold much longer! Please send her our love.

Lonnie