"Nothing is More Honorable than a Greatful Heart"
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Monday, September 27, 2010

The DIRTY Dash!!

So a while back I saw this flyer for the Dirty Dash were you run 6.2miles in the mud and obstacles. I thought to myself this sounds like fun but never thought about it again. Then two weeks ago I decided to go to there website just to check it out and saw that some of the proceeds go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma foundation for Utah and I knew right then I was going to do this race! Come hell or high water I was doing this! I called Josh up at work and told him I was doing this and why and he said that he wanted to run this!


Now Josh hates to run and usually prefers to be on horseback so I was little taken back. I said "Are you sure?". "Hell yeah I will do it!" So here we go!!


Now the reason I did this was because one of the greatest men I know was diagnosed with Leukemia this year and I knew I had to run this for my grandpa Van. If anyone has had the pleasure of meeting him you will know that he is one of the toughest guys around but on the other hand he is the most kind hearted, generous, loving man that I know.


So while running this crazy race(keep in mind that its up hill a lot of the way and then through some mud, jumping over a 6 ft wall, getting stuck in the mud and running in a bog up to your knee's) I just kept thinking of grandpa and how much he has gone through and knew I am a BROWN and I could do this.


Josh kicked butt like normal. That man is amazing; never runs, drinks beer and ropes. And he kicked ASS! He was waiting at the finish line for me with my mom, dad, Skylee and my awesome friends the Taylor family (Thank you).


So all in all it was one of the Greatest races I have ever ran! I love you Grandpa!!

Josh and Sky "before the race". (Skylee posing for the camera) Mom and Skylee before the race

No comments: